How to Take Polls in Microsoft Teams.
Unlike Zoom, Microsoft Teams doesn’t have a built-in survey. But the Microsoft Teams app store is relatively rich, and you have a variety of apps that can help you with group surveys. So, this is how you conduct surveys in Microsoft Teams.
How to conduct polls in Microsoft Teams
1. Open the Microsoft Teams app and click Apps in the lower left corner. Then type Polly into the search bar and hit Enter. In the search results, click Polly.
Unlike Slack, there is no limit to the number of apps you can add to a Microsoft Team workspace.
2. On the Polly app page, click Add to install the app in your group’s workspace.
Alternatively, you can also follow this link and add Polly directly to Teams.
3. After installing Polly, you will see an additional tab called “Polly” in the sidebar of the Team apps. In addition, you will also see Polly’s icon right below the chat window.
4. The first time you use Polly, it will ask you to log in to your account. Instead, you can choose “Sign in with a Microsoft account.” In addition, you will be prompted to grant Polly multiple permissions to access data from your Microsoft Teams workspace.
5. Now, when you need to take part in a poll on a channel, in a group meeting or even in your personal account, just click the “Polly” button under the chat text field. A pop-up window will open where you can specify your question and options. In addition, you can specify a poll close time, allow multiple votes, keep responses anonymous, and more.
When you’re done, go down and hit the preview button.
6. On the preview page, you can test the polling functionality. If you want to make changes, click “Edit” or you can continue and “Submit” the survey.
The survey looks like this. You can view the results in the chat window itself.
Quickly launch Polly
If you can’t find the Polly button in the chat options, you can instead type “@polly” and quickly launch the poll menu.
Polly is available as a standalone app and as an add-on for collaboration apps such as Slack and Microsoft Teams. Basically it’s free with unlimited polls and 5 questions. You will rarely feel the need to upgrade to the professional version ($ 99 / month) as it provides quite a few add-ons like question templates, reports, etc.
In terms of features, Microsoft Teams seems to be a better and more feature-rich option than Slack and Zoom. To learn more about the difference between paid and licensed Microsoft Teams, please visit this link. If you have further problems or questions, let me know in the comments below.
Read Also: Learn How To Use Microsoft Teams ASAP